Calendar of Upcoming Events
Join us for the Bank On WA Forum 2023! This year our forum is October 23rd and 24th and will be held at Everett Community College. We’re excited about the theme, Fostering Financial Belonging: Connect | Expand | Strengthen | Empower. Building on last year’s forum, we will explore what it takes to create conditions where all Washingtonians feel they belong and can achieve financial wellbeing. Take a look at the agenda for an idea of what we’ll be discussing.
Participants will have the opportunity to select one of 5 areas of focus and will join a smaller learning group to process and discuss the content together during the 2 day event. The areas of focus are youth, immigrants & refugees, justice-involved individuals, microenterprise, and black homeownership initiative. We are excited to offer the opportunity to dive deeper into what financial inclusion and financial belonging means in the context of work in those areas. Our annual Bank On Forum is more than just an annual gathering; it’s an incubator of new ideas and opportunities to help improve the financial stability of our un- and underbanked neighbors.
Our team of planners is hard at work creating a powerful agenda. Our goal for the forum is that people across sectors will come together to learn together and from one another, engaging in:
- Creative problem-solving
- Imagining solutions
- Elevating positive and successful work happening around the state and country
and will leave the forum with specific, actionable steps they can take in their role to increase the equitable financial inclusion and financial wellness of their community and all Washingtonians.
Who should attend?
- Financial institutions, government & financial regulators, community-based organizations, and educators (K-12 and higher ed.) who provide financial products, services, or programs to low-income and marginalized Washingtonians, and are interested in increasing financial inclusion and financial wellness
- Decision-makers and influencers in financial product and program design
- Those working in financial wellness*, especially those working directly with communities to connect people to safe, affordable, accessible financial products and services
- Those wishing to get more engaged in financial wellness* work going forward
* Financial wellness includes those who offer financial coaching, counseling, education, or other financial services, or who have key financial conversations with clients, customers, or community members
Registration will open in mid-August, so please check back soon. We hope to see you there!
Did You Miss A Bank On Coffee Hour? If So, Grab A Cup And Watch Here>
Financial Empowerment Training, Workshops & Events
Join us – attend a workshop! The Financial Empowerment Network offers 10-12 free virtual training workshops annually. These workshops are geared towards any professional working to increase the financial well-being of their clients or community members, no matter their level of comfort with personal finance. You don’t have to be a financial professional to join us – everyone is welcome!
Learn more here>
Financial Education Classes
The Washington State Department of Financial Institutions (DFI) calendar lists financial education classes and events submitted by community organizations throughout Washington State. View the calendar here>
If your organization offers financial education classes, submit them to the DFI calendar.
Financial Empowerment Network Virtual Learning
Audience: Professionals in the field whom we define as case managers, advocates, and financial counselors/coaches, to guide and contextualize the needs of their clients. Did you miss a webinar? Watch it on YouTube